CityMobilNet's plan for its grand final
Soon, CityMobilNet will derive its lessons learnt and experiences shared and developed from its 2 year endeavour to improve knowledge and capacities to develop sustainable urban mobility plans within our cities and locations. And our partners are eager to talk on their achievements, challenges and results! For this, CityMobilNet plans to join the 5th European Conference on Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans taking place in Nikosia, Cycprus, mid of May 2018 to discuss and share with hundreds of mobility experts and city developers.
Not even a year will have to pass on when it is about time for CityMobilNet to look back at its achievements and tell transport planners, urban practitioners and everybody driving the development of cities its lessons learnt. But how and when can we meet inspired persons dedicated to drive the change of our cities towards a more sustainable and people-focussed direction for urban mobility? Thanks to our membership in the European Platform on Sustainable Urban Mobiliy Plans, the answer is within reach: the 5th Europen Conference on SUMPs, taking place mid of May in Nikosia, Cyprus (exact dates yet to be confirmed). Taking the experience from the past 4 conferences, we hope to meet hundreds of experts and city developers from across the EU all looking forward to get the latest developments, inspiring good practises, innovative approaches and arising challenges out of coming to the conference in Nikosia.
We as CityMobilNet would like to contribute our share to the joint exchange and discussion:
- What specific approaches did we take for our local SUMPs and are these transferable to other locations?
- What were our main challenges and how did we cope with them?
- What new sections and content did we introduce to sustainable urban mobility planning?
- How did transantional exchange and capacity building at our seminars work out? What can we recommend, what not?
- How did we cope with the large number of concerned and interested stakeholders? Where did we meet problems and were did we create new cooperations?
We will give an outlook on our main achievements and future actions:
- Did we succeed in our goal to create action plans for sustainable urban mobility development in all our 11 locations?
- Has knowledge and input of the project networking or exchange built the ground to continue directly the final development of the SUMPs and feeds resources which will be used later?
- What are the next steps at local level to complete the SUMP and to start its implementation?
We look forward to the 5th SUMP conference - as well for receiving new ideas and approaches for our future task to go on with sustainably developing urban mobility in our cities and locations!
If you are interested to meet us and the large community of experts and city developers engaged in sustainable urban mobility planning, keep having an eye on news for the 5th SUMP conference. We will communicate any news by Twitter @CityMobilNet and our newsletter (register by mail here) as well!