#InfodayES 2019: Creating networks for the URBACT APN call
On 22-23 January, the Spanish National URBACT Point (NUP) will organise their National Infoday in Madrid. This event will be focused on the new URBACT Action Planning Network (APN) call that will be launched on 7 January. All European cities interested in participating in this call are invited to join us: the event will have really practical purposes, focusing on building partnerships and designing proposals. Registration is already open!
On 22-23 January, the Spanish National URBACT Point (NUP) will organise their National Infoday in Madrid. This event will be focused on the new URBACT Action Planning Network (APN) call that will be launched on 7 January. You can register for the event here.
The #InfodayES will focus on two main objectives:
- Explaining all the details of the APN Call and the benefits of being part of the URBACT programme and networks;
- Providing cities the space and opportunity to network and to start working together on proposals.
The Infoday will have very practical purposes, and will be the perfect opportunity for cities in Europe to have a kick-off session to establish partnerships and generate together a first idea or proposal for the call.
Therefore, this is an open invitation to all the cities of Europe that are interested in applying to the APN call. All the National URBACT Points will also be more than welcomed: they can provide crucial help in dynamizing the networking sessions and facilitating the creation of partnerships on the day.
All the sessions will be in English
The plenary sessions will be provided with Spanish-English / English-Spanish simultaneous translation (tbc)
Preparatory work: fill in the ‘APN Form’
Since we want the #InfodayES to be really practical and beneficial for cities, some preparatory work should be done. For that purpose, we launched a simple questionnaire to ask cities which topics they would be interested in for the next call according to the ten Thematic Objectives (TO) covered by the URBACT III programme.
We ask all interested cities to complete this form in order to enable us to identify links and matches between cities. This preparatory work will allow us to facilitate the organisation of working meetings between cities with similar interests during the #InfodayES and we will share the findings with NUPs and cities in anticipation of the event.
If you are a city that does not yet have clear priorities or any specific proposal, do not worry: we will have a session for the open exchange of ideas during the #InfodayES. In this way, you can share thoughts and be inspired by other cities before joining the networking & proposal-designing sessions (see contents & draft agenda below).
The 'APN Form' is available: http://bit.ly/URBACTformAPN2019
Main contents and outputs
The aim of the #InfodayES is to provide cities with space and time for effective networking and proposal design. In consequence, it will be structured through the following main elements:
- Understanding: Discover all the details of the new APN call and broaden knowledge of the URBACT programme and its benefits for cities
- Networking: Meet cities and make new contacts to establish potential partnerships for the next call
- Sharing: Exchange ideas, interests and experiences with other cities
- Designing: Kick-off working sessions with other European cities to develop partnerships and proposals for the APN call
DAY 1: 22 January (afternoon-evening)
Welcoming and icebreaking session: opportunity to network and share ideas & proposals for the call
DAY 2: 23 January (morning & afternoon)
- Presentation of APN call + Q&A
- Presentation of some inspiring APN examples and tips from the previous calls on how to present a good proposal (tbc)
- Sharing time: Ideas market or open space to match cities and ideas. During all the event.
- Networking and proposal designing time: Cities working in groups after the initial matches are made
- Final conclusions
- Obtain better understanding about the APN Call and URBACT programme &networks
- Expand the network of contacts, meet new cities
- Create potential alliances and partnerships for the new call
- Generate initial proposals for the call
- WHERE? Madrid (venue to be defined)
- WHEN? 22 January, 17.00 - 21.00
18.00-19.00 Welcoming event (tbc)
19.00-21.00 Ice-breaking & networking cocktail
- WHERE? Medialab-Pardo in Madrid (Plaza de las Letras, 28014 Madrid): https://www.medialab-prado.es/en/medialab
- WHEN? 23 January, 10.00 - 17.00
10.00-10.15 Welcome (plenary)
10.15-11.15 APN Call Presentation + Q&A (plenary)
11.15-11.45 Inspiring stories (plenary)
11.45-12.00 Coffee break & Launch of sharing and working time
12.00-13.00 Sharing ideas and proposals (idea market on site) and working groups to design proposals
13.00-14.00 (net)working finger buffet
14.00-16.30 Working groups to design proposals
16.30-17.00 Final conclusions (plenary)
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
All the cities are welcomed to the #InfodayES!
You can register through the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/APSXye2nqo84pQ9b2
Submitted by Jon Aguirre Such on