The URBACT Secretariat implements and monitors URBACT’s main activities.
- Networking and capacity building: It coordinates and monitors the work done by the networks, developing activities that strengthen the capacities of the cities involved.
- Capitalisation and communication: It builds knowledge at the programme level, sharing it to people involved in city policy throughout Europe.
- Management: It manages the administrative and financial aspects of the programme.
In addition, the Secretariat does preparatory work for the programme’s Monitoring Committee, implements its decisions and helps in its day-to-day activities.
Tel: + 33 1 85 58 61 87
5, Rue Pleyel
93283 Saint Denis
HEAD OF SECRETARIAT
Communication and Capitalisation
ADMINISTRATION & COORDINATION
PROJECTS & PROGRAMMING
URBACT National Points
The URBACT National Points are set in most Member States and support the Secretariat in its communication activities.
- Communicate on URBACT activities and results
- Cooperation: Strengthen the links between local, regional, national and EU levels and
- Embed better URBACT results in policies and practices in the mainstream programmes.
The URBACT programme Experts support the Secretariat in its capitalization activities. Their main activities are:
- Build and share practical knowledge and policy recommendations on policy challenges related to sustainable urban developmen
- Support the URBACT networks assigned to the pole, providing Lead Partners and Lead Experts with thematic and methodological guidance to ensure a proper implementation and delivery of the network activities/ outputs.