Usti Nad Labem
Phenomenon of early school leaving has been highly actual problem for the city (with a range of negative both social and economic impacts). The largest part of unemployed people in Ústí nad Labem is people without the education at all or who completed only basic school. The most endangered children come from socially excluded groups – in Ústí case mostly Roma population represents a considerable part (it´s estimated to be one tenth of the city population; concentrated in districts of Předlice and Mojžíř.
The aims of the city:
• Finding out into which level the various organizations can influence parents participation to the prevention of early school leaving
• Creating better platform for the partnership – to connect parents not as a target group only but rather as partners and to communicate with them properly
• Supporting parents at bringing their children and help them to know the importance of education and to know the culture specifications – to motivate parents to participate in school activities
• Communication between parents and school regarding free-time activities
• Developing specific measures how to improve the situation and identifying possible financial resources
All work will follow from the actual local experience and best practices, will by inspired by the experience of the project partners and will be based on active involvement of experienced local organizations and schools.