200 European Cities publicly present the results of 2 years of common work
Edited on05 September 2018
In March, April and May 2018, 20 URBACT Action Planning Networks, 200 European cities are wrapping up 2 years of common work and introducing their results to a broader audience.
Inspired by European exchanges, each city developed Integrated Action Plans. Following the URBACT method, the action plan is built with all stakeholders concerned gathered in an URBACT Local Group. The plan brings together different facets of the issue – social, economic and environmental.
The main topics they worked on range from rehabilitating underused buildings to Rethinking Agri-food Production, from social innovation to welcoming migrants.
Details of each network are available on their pages on the URBACT website.
Most final conference mix up some public presentations, thematic site visits and internal network meetings. The final events are also an opportunity to stimulate support locally for further implementation of the Integrated Action Plans.
Listen to Adele Bucella, projects and programming Head of Unit at URBACT Secretariat on the results of the 20 Action Planning Networks and their final conferences:
The main topics of the 10 final conferences happening in the next three weeks are the following:
- People Powered Public Services in the Final Conference of CHANGE! taking place in Eindhoven (NL) on 18 April 2018
- Local Food Production and consumption during the Local Food in Urban Forks final conference of AGRI-URBAN in Baena (ES) on 18-20 April 2018
- Freight at Freight Tail final event, taking place in Split (HR) on 18-19 April 2018
- Developing, attracting & retaining Gen-Y 'creative tech' talent in European cities at GEN-Y-CITY final conference in Poznan (PL) on 18-19 April 2018
- The role of cities in Smart Specialisation. Collaborative and multi-level governance for urban economic development at the In Focus Final Conference, taking place in Bilbao (ES) on 18-20 April 2018
- Reuse of large empty buildings at 2nd Chance Final conference in Naples (IT) on 18-19 April 2018
- Cocreating better inclusion of migrants and refugees at the Arrival Cities final conference at the European Committee of the Regions in Brussels (BE) on 24 April 2018
- Reuse of Military assests as public space at the MAPS final conference in Serres (EL) on 24-25 April 2018
- Re-inventing the Fringe at Sub>urban final conference in Barcelona on 25-27 April 2018
- Coproduction of urban sustainable mobility plans at CityMobilNet final conference in Nikosia (CY) on 15-18 May 2018. It joins the 5th European Conference on Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans
At the end of May, all Action Planning Networks will officially close their work, stay tuned on URBACT communication channel if you are interested by their results. The results of their work will constitute the backbones of the programme of URBACT City Festival in Lisbon (PT) on 13-14 September 2018.
Submitted by URBACT on