The 2017 URBACT City Festival... How was it?
Edited on24 June 2019
Between 3-5 October, around 450 Festival participants discovered the 97 URBACT labelled Good Practices for urban sustainable development from across Europe. Find and explore here the rich content that was produced during those days. Updates will continue during the next weeks, so stay tuned!
The Festival put the cities center-stage. The event was designed for (elected) urban practitioners, policy makers and elected representatives from all over Europe. Coming to Tallinn, they discovered the 97 Good Practices, exchanged with their representatives and learned about the URBACT programme and the Call for Transfer Networks.
Based on the idea of co-creation, capacity building and peer learning, the Festival programme was jam-packed with discovery sessions, interactive gallery walks and in-depth discussions. This diverse programme and the fascinating atmosphere of the Festival Venue - Telliskivi, the creative quarter of Tallinn – nurtured a Festival spirit of curiosity, active participation, networking and exchange.
This time, this exchange was also made visible: over 1800 personal connections were made between the Festival participants.
To continue this flow of ideas, find below the presentations, videos and pictures from each of the Festival sessions.
Have a look at:
Study visit - Discovering the Innovation and Business Centre Mektory:
Discover the URBACT Good Practices thanks to:
- A unique database gathering the 97 Good Practices
- A dedicated YouTube playlist
- A ZCard presenting the Good Practices Call and the selected Good Practices
Dive deeper with the presentations of the thematic panels:
- IncrediBOL! Creative innovation, Bologna (IT)
- Co-operative City, Glasgow (UK)
- Promoting entrepreunership and innovation on maritime economy, Piraeus (EL)
- Q&A by Jim Sims
Co-creating local economies:
- Collective school catering, Mouans-Sartoux (FR)
- City Tax Management System, Genoa (IT)
- Progressing procurement practice through spend analysis, Preston (UK)
- Pop-up to date, Antwerp (BE)
Housing for all:
- A home for everyone, Dupnitsa (BG)
- Intermediation service for people in the process of evictions and occupancies, Barcelona (ES)
- Low carbon housing solution, Tampere (FI)
- Apartments for graduates, Poznan (PL)
- Urban Innovative Actions (UIA) & Housing for all
Migrants and Refugees:
- Do not feed the rumor, Amadora (PT)
- Refugee Solidarity, Ghent (BE) - powerpoint & video
- Finding places, Hamburg (DE)
- Presentation by Konstantinos Tsitselikis
Experimenting with governance:
- Culture as the intermediary, Aarhus (DK)
- Weekend of open houses, Budapest (HU)
- Everyone's an innovator, Turin (IT)
- Lost & Found, Naples (IT)
Nature in the City:
- Managing climate change in the city, Bologna (IT)
- Bee path, Ljubljana (SI)
- Protection and promotion of biodiversity, Guimarães (PT)
- Holistic method for urban regeneration, Aalborg (DK)
- The Housing Agency for Shrinking Cities, Chemnitz (DE)
- Integrated toolbox for deprived neighborhoods, Lisbon (PT)
- Community building and neighborhood renewal, Kranj (SI)
& URBACT Transfer Networks Workshop:
Submitted by URBACT on