Apply for the Access City Award
Edited on11 September 2018
The Access City Award recognises and celebrates a city's willingness, ability and efforts to become more accessible, in order to:
- guarantee equal access to fundamental rights;
- improve the quality of life of its population and ensure that everybody – regardless of age, mobility or ability – has equal access to all the resources and pleasures cities have to offer.
Why an Access City Award?
By 2020, the EU is expected to have 120 million people with disabilities, and the population is becoming older. Additionally, Europe is now essentially an urban society, with four out of five EU citizens living in towns and cities.
The Access City Award is an award recognising cities that have worked to become more accessible for their citizens. It is an EU initiative that:
- recognises efforts by cities to become more accessible;
- promotes equal access to urban life for people with disabilities;
- allows local authorities to promote and share their best practices.
Deadline for applications is 16 September 2018, more information just here.
Submitted by URBACT on