Association Fair - Ecoaltea
EcoAltea is an annual fair that first started in 2008. Since then, every year it brings together volunteers, organizations, musicians, as well as holding seminars and workshops promoting a healthy lifestyle. Today this fair is internationally renowned and has the full support of the Municipality of Altea. This year EcoAltea will take place in Altea from 12 to 13 October.
- “EuroAltea: your Local European Office in Altea” where we will explain the different programmes for young people, students, youth-workers and associations (through Erasmus+, European Solidarity Corps, Europe4Citizens, Education, Red Eures) that the Municipality of Altea offers.
- “INNOVOL: Innovating Volunteering” is an Erasmus project that will be explained by participants in the project.
- “URBACT Volunteering Cities: Altea, a City of Volunteering” where the project will be explained to the public in terms of; where we come from, why URBACT? ,where are we going, goals, achievements .
- “URBACT: our Associations in Action”, where different presentations and videos will be made by the different ULG Associations which will explain what URBACT means, its advantages and how we have been working together.
- “Cities for People: Sharing an Agenda for All”.
Furthermore, different workshops will take place throughout the day on topics such as “Sustainable Development ¨Little known facts¨, Agenda 2030”, “Library of Seeds: Exchange and “Painting Faces for the Young”.
The ¨URBACT: Volunteering Cities Project¨ has its own stand at the fair where different activities are programmed starting at 11.00h on Saturday, 12th and continuing throughout the day. Since the project “Volunteering Cities” started, the Municipality of Altea and ULG members such as Red Cross, Corazón Exprés, DeAmicitia, Vecinos Cooperando and Volunteers, have actively cooperated and have been deeply involved in the project. For this reason, we have been actively organising, together with the ULG, what we believe will be the “Kick-off Point” of the project in Altea in order to empower the different associations, enhance volunteering and promote intergenerational projects.
At a local level this fair will help us to tackle three different themes,
- (M1) Participative Governance. The Municipality of Altea has already established a valuable collaborative relationship with active associations and politicians from different areas,
- (M2) Increase Intergenerational Cooperation
- (M3) Mobilize Young Volunteers through empowering the involvement of associations in Municipality life, reaching out to some other associations, boosting volunteering, intergenerational projects and exploring Module 4, Corporative Citizenship. We expect to promote citizen participation, participative culture and active citizenship.
We want to make sure that we share the URBACT: Volunteering Cities Project. Reaching everyone and creating a more sustainable city that continues to have a volunteering ethos.