The URBACT Programme provides each approved network with a specific financial envelope for the appointment of URBACT experts. The expert role is to support beneficiaries in designing and implementing transnational learning activities, to foster the local level uptake of the learning developed in transnational activities, and more generally to help deliver expected results.
Experts are invited to apply to the call for the constitution of URBACT III pool of validated experts over the entire duration of the URBACT III Programme (2015-2020+).
URBACT experts should be able to provide partners with a package of services including the 3 following types of expertise:
- Expertise for the design and delivery of transnational exchange and learning activities
- Thematic Expertise on content related to the urban policy challenges addressed by URBACT
- Expertise to support city partners and other stakeholders in designing and delivering integrated and participative policies
The expertise provided by the Programme will be available for the approved networks as follows:
- A Lead Expert will be appointed to assist the partnership over the entire duration of the network with both methods and tools for exchange and learning activities and thematic expertise.
- Ad-hoc experts may also be recruited to provide support on specific needs identified by the network concerning the methodology for exchange and learning, thematic expertise or local support to partners
Candidates wishing to apply for (Lead Expert or Ad-Hoc Expert) need to prove solid knowledge on the above types of expertise.
HOW TO APPLY?
Expert candidates have to fill in and submit the online Application Form providing information on their experiences and background. A CV (Europass format) in English has to be attached to the Application Form.
Before filling in the online Application Form, it is essential to read carefully the Call for Applicants for the constitution of the URBACT III pool of validated experts. The call outlines information on the types of expertise to be provided to URBACT networks, on the competences and skills requested as well as on the assessment criteria and process.
The external service provider is in charge of assessing all received applications through:
- Thorough review of application form and attached CV
- Short interview with applicant
- Phone exchange with at least 1 of the references indicated in the application form
- The call for the URBACT pool of validated experts
- Template application form - WORD version
- URBACT III Operational Programme
- URBACT III Programme Manual - Fact Sheet 1 - The URBACT Programme
- URBACT III Programme Manual - Fact Sheet 2A - Action Planning Network
- URBACT III Programme Manual - Fact Sheet 2B - Implementation Networks (currently being developed - this type of network will be launched in 2016)
- URBACT III Programme Manual - Fact Sheet 2C - Transfer Networks (currently being developed - this type of network will be launched in 2016)
- URBACT III Programme Manual - Fact Sheet 2D - Network creation
- Publication: ‘Cities in action, stories of change’
- URBACT LSG Toolkit
For questions on the Call for Applicants for URBACT Experts, you can contact email@example.com