CityLogo is a transnational learning experience on citybranding and -marketing in modern urban politics. It is about a better positioning of cities in the (post) crisis economic arena and reinforcing the communication dimension in urban management.
A result oriented project
CITYLOGO is aiming for practical results on the following issues:
- CITYLOGO will work for a better positioning of the involved cities in the forthcoming post-crisis economic arena, increasing differentiation and visibility at both continental and global levels.
- CITYLOGO will work at the reinforcement of the communication dimension, as a true integrated function, increasing effectiveness and stronger embedment with real local potentials, within a new style of local governance. In this way CITYLOGO will shape the emerging figure of the city-brand manager.
- Other three key issues for CITYOGO will be: i) citizen participation in re-thinking urban identities; ii) stakeholder involvement in co-delivering the strategic communication of cities; iii) articulation with regional strategies concerning place branding and marketing.
- CITYLOGO will investigate and test new channels and measures for city-communication: digital-based and low public funding-based.
For CITYOGO key issues will be:
- citizen participation in re-thinking urban identities;
- stakeholder involvement in co-delivering the strategic communication of cities;
- articulation with regional strategies concerning place branding and marketing.