The event you've all been waiting for!
Edited on13 June 2016
The URBACT Summer University taking place in Rotterdam from 24 - 26 August 2016 is a unique learning journey exclusively designed for cities involved in URBACT networks.
The 3rd edition of the URBACT Summer University will provide urban practitioners with tools and enhanced capacities to address the local urban challenges and build successful action plans, by engaging all policy sectors (integrated approach) and all stakeholders (participative approach). As a result of taking part in the URBACT Summer University, participants will be better equipped to develop and deliver sustainable integrated strategies for your city during and beyond the network lifespan.
This year, the USU will target URBACT Local Group coordinators in partner cities and all those city staff actively involved in the co-production of local urban policies, and more especially in the co-production of the action-plan to be delivered by all partners.
A hands-on programme for more efficient policy-making
Over the 3 days, you will be invited to work in small groups on a virtual city case and develop concrete solutions to the problems faced by this virtual city. You are invited to join one of the 5 Policy Labs proposed:
- Collaborative entrepreneurship & new business models in European cities: How to harness collaborative entrepreneurship for a vibrant local economy.
- Jobs and skills in urban economies: How to support people and skills to foster economic growth and resilience.
- Livable neighbourhoods : Working on both physical and functional regeneration of neighbourhoods for a livable city.
- Urban Sustainability Transitions in Energy, Food and Water systems: Connecting people based, technology - based and nature - based solutions in cities.
- Community cohesion and diversity in the city: Fighting inequalities in urban areas.
In each Policy Lab, participants will explore innovative policy approaches, good practices and effective tools to engage stakeholders, analyse challenges, turn them into results and actions, and measure impact.
Inspirational talks, working sessions in different sites across the city, as well as informal social activities will offer additional inspiration and networking opportunities for participants to bring back to their city.
Check the video below if you want to know more about the event and REGISTER quickly!
Deadline 8 July 2016, but registrations may close at an earlier date in the event of over subscription.
Submitted by URBACT on