Explore, Shape & Deal Marketplace General Assembly, Sofia, Bulgaria
Edited on05 June 2018
The European Innovation Partnership on Smart Cities and Communities (EIP-SCC), is a European Commission initiative to tackle the challenges and opportunities presented to cities by the transition a low-carbon, resource-efficient and competitive economy. The General Assembly taking place 27 - 28 June 2018 in Sofia (BG) will be an unique opportunity for smart city actors to exchange best practices, present projects, find partners, and stimulate discussions helping the development of innovative ideas.
In order to support the projects development and accelerate investments in the Smart City panorama, the event will be structured in three main thematic areas: Explore, Shape and Deal.
The European Innovation Partnership on Smart Cities and Communities (EIP-SCC), is a European Commission initiative to tackle the challenges and opportunities presented to cities by the transition a low-carbon, resource-efficient and competitive economy. It brings together cities, industry and citizens to improve urban life through more sustainable integrated solutions. This includes applied innovation, better planning, a more participatory approach, higher energy efficiency, better transport solutions, intelligent use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
The EIP-SCC holds a Marketplace, a catalyst for driving social and economic sustainability in EU cities will hold its General Assembly on the 27th-28th June 2018. Speakers at the conference will include European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy, Miguel Arias Cañete, European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, Mariya Gabriel, as well as EV4SCC Chair, Dr David Beeton. Registration is open and can be accessed here.
Key speakers include :
- Miguel Arias Cañete, European Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy, European Commission
- Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, European Commission
- Matej Zakonjšek, Head of Cabinet, Mobility and Transport, European Commission
General Assembly 2018 serves as a catalyst for those who want to contribute to the social and economic sustainability of our cities. It’s an opportunity for you to join the conversation, exchange ideas, learn what’s working (and what’s not) and build relationships with other smart city stakeholders.
- Whether you represent a municipality, private industry or the finance sector, as a General Assembly 2018 participant you will:
- Benefit from personalised and pre-arranged matchmaking sessions to explore project and/or business development and investment opportunities.
- Connect with other participants before, during and after the Sofia event using our dedicated app.
- Gain insights on the opportunities and challenges of implementing smart city projects from public and private sector perspectives.
- Initiate contacts and explore potential opportunities for cooperation at the Exhibition.
Submitted by URBACT on