From the raw products to the dishes in your plate, how to ensure a healthy and good quality food?
In the conventional sector, food transformation is a key moment in the supply chain where food items are strongly modified with potentially negative effects on health, as well as on the environment. Transformation can take place in the private sector with the aim to sell make profit, in canteens for the purpose of direct delivery and eating, or in NGOs for the purpose of teaching and raising-awareness. Finally, it is also at this stage in the food supply chain that cities can seek to address foodwaste, for example in canteens as well as in the private sector.
- 100% organic school canteens, in Mouans-Sartoux, France
- Shift of public kitchens’ meals towards healthier and tastier meals with more organic and vegetable-protein based seasonal and local products, in Södertälje, Sweden
- Training of kitchen staff to deliver organic meals in school canteens, in Gothenburg, Sweden
- The richness of Cesena's Bee products, Italy
- The best of what you can get from a catering company, in Rosignano Marittimo, Italy
- What do you do when you don’t have canteens? in Pays de Condruses, Belgium
- How to increase the organic and the local in the same time, for products in school canteens meal? In Mouans-Sartoux, France