The Key ideas of MY GENERATION
MY GENERATION is about promoting the potential of the young in cities.
MY GENERATION does this by:
(1) Developing new insights into the youth lifestyles and aspirations of the young
(2) Fostering genuine youth involvement throughout the project
(3) Providing positive activity and career alternatives
(4) Promoting boundary crossing collaboration of various actors and services, particularly local communities, education, business and public officials
(5) Developing and disseminating good practices of engagement and contact
(6) Underpinning the above with effective and relevant local action plans and strategies
The young themselves are at the core, and the contacts to, and between local communities, education and employment will provide opportunities and resources for positive solutions.
Integrated Action Plans
Within an Action Planning Network, the Integrated Action Plan is a local output, specific to each city. Thus, the local circumstances, as the concrete actions to be carried out in response to the network's sustainable development challenges, are defined by the URBACT Local Group. This core group is composed by a wide range of relevant stakeholders, who have a stake in the addressed challenge and who play an active role in co-designing the plan alongside the project partner. This document is the result of the interplay between the theme, each city's starting point and its individual URBACT journey. It highlights the positive learning experience cities have undertaken, both from a local and a transnational perspective.