- City Planning
- Culture & Heritage
- Cross-border cooperation
Main policy issue to be addressed in relation to the selected topics
Have you already been involved in an URBACT network?
Ustrzyki Dolne - location: south-eastern part of Poland, province Podkarpackie, Bieszczady County, a commune bordering directly with Ukraine, the border of the state and the European Union. It is a sparsely populated area, there are about 10,000 inhabitants in the city - 17,500 in the whole commune, population density 37 people / km2. Ustrzyki Dolne is a popular tourist destination. Ustrzyki Dolne are attractive/ beautiful in summer and winter. In the summer time, the city invites you to use the available network of landscape hiking trails (red, blue, green and yellow) with a total length of 25 km and numerous cycling routes for mountain biking. In winter Ustrzyki also encourage people to play sports, especially for skiing. The city is a popular winter sports resort surrounded by wooded hills. Ustrzyki boasts 5 ski pistes with varying levels of difficulty.
The main tasks of the organization:
- spatial order, real estate management, environment protection and nature protection as well as water management,
- culture, including municipal libraries and other cultural institutions, and protection of monuments and care of monuments,
- maintenance of municipal facilities and public utilities and facilities
- cooperation with local/ regional communities of other countries,
- smart tourism development
The organization puts a lot of emphasis on obtaining funds and funds that can provide residents of this area with personal development and improvement quality.