- Institution : City of Munich
- City : Munich
- Country : Germany
- Type of region : More developed
I am looking for
- Project Partners
Name of the project idea: JOINT MISSION
Joining efforts from city administration and civil society by connecting various local projects and initiatives striving for a climate-neutral city; achieving a change in awareness and behavior among the population, including city staff.
- How can the city administration support citizens in contributing to the goal of a climate-neutral city?
- What avenues can be used to raise awareness and activate civil society (culture, education, communication, etc.)?
- Which existing civic initiatives are particularly promising and how can they be supported and mainstreamed?
Background in Munich:
In 2019, the city set the ambitious goal of reaching climate neutrality by 2035 – Munich even aims to create climate-neutral districts and a climate neutral city administration by 2030. As the first German city, Munich has signed the “Green City Accord” last year. In 2022, Munich has been selected to join the EU-Mission “100 climate-neutral and smart cities”. Further, Munich is a pilot city in the EU's "Circular Cities and Regions Initiative".
Munich City Council and a steering committee are politically backing the project idea, which is perfectly suitable for the URBACT programme.
Selection of Munich partners and initiatives:
- Campaign “Re:think” (former “Cool City”), informing and activating citizens
- Educational campaign for sustainable development („Bildung für nachhaltige Entwicklung BNE“) in the spirit of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) set by UN
- Promotion of corporate environmental protection programme („Ökoprofit“)
- „Zero Waste City“ Munich: Coordinated actions and public join-ins
- Municipal societies and housing associations
- All existing civil society initiatives
Interested in joining our network?
Please get in touch!