Regulating Short Term Rental Platforms in Cities – Challenges and Solutions of the European Cities
On Thursday 4 November, 9:30-12:30 CET, URBACT will present the results of a study on the regulation of short term rental platforms in cities undertaken in the context of the Urban Agenda for the EU Partnership on Culture and Cultural Heritage.
This online event will showcase the experiences and solutions developed by URBACT cities, which are implementing the principles highlighted by the Partnership on Culture and Cultural Heritage of the Urban Agenda for the EU.
Fostering a common framework for regulating short term rental platforms is the main element emerged by the current debate and it is at the core of an action carried out by the European Commission.
The URBACT Programme involved a series of medium-sized cities, not yet directly affected by the impact of overtouristification but which are acting as testing ground for solutions to make tourism more sustainable on public spaces, housing and local communities.
The event will be the occasion to present the main elements emerged from a study analysing how short term rental is part of innovative policies implemented by the European cities and suggests some policy solutions to make it an engine for a sustainable tourism recovery at environmental, social and economic level.
>>>To register, please click here<<<
For more background about this event, you can refer to this article.
Introduction & Welcome, Laura Colini – URBACT Programme Expert
Moderation and Contents of the meeting, Simone d’Antonio, URBACT Ad Hoc Expert
Research and data on regulation of Short Term Rental Platforms in Cities
- Stefan Rating – Lawyer at Marimon Abogados, Barcelona, Expert on regulation of Airbnb
- Ugo Rossi – URBACT External Expert – Gran Sasso Science Institute + Laura Colini - URBACT Programme Expert
- Claire Colomb - Professor of Urban Studies and Planning, Bartlett School of Planning, London
Q&A on the research
The experiences of the cities on Short Term Rental Regulation
- Jorge Villar Guijarro - Deputy Mayor for tourism of Caceres (SP)
- Katarzyina Opoczka – Tourism Department, City of Krakow (PL)
- Edouard Bertron-Serindat - Tourism Department, Metropolitan City of Bordeaux (FR)
Q&A on the cities’experiences
Towards the future of the regulation of short term rental
- Clara Ducimetiere – DG GROW European Commission, Digital transformation of industry
Q&A on the regulation of short term rental
Final Roundtable - How the Urban Agenda for the EU is following up the actions on short term rental in 2021-2027
- Laura Hagemann Arellano– DG REGIO European Commission (TBC)
- Jan Schultheiss – UAEU - BMI Bund
- Sandra Gizdulich – UAEU - Agency for Territorial Cohesion
Laura Colini – URBACT Programme Expert