The main challenges and priorities identified for Umea include:
- Addressing the gender-segregated labour market and its consequences, part-time work, the pay-gap, status jobs, career opportunities.
- Working for change in the regions focus areas (geotechnology, forestry): getting more women into these areas both in research and at work. Gender consequence analyses would be a good strategy for the focus areas, since they are strongly male dominated sectors today.
- Support functions to projects that wish to work actively with gender mainstreaming as strategy.
- Business laws in Sapmi, gender roles that affect both women and men´s choices on the labour market. The Double shift (triple in Sapmi), i.e. paid and unpaid work - still mostly women’s situation.
- To change attitudes in financing and finding ways for women’s self-esteem greater within business area.
- All members stress how important it is with education, to create networks and education opportunities for women in entrepreneurship. Also to be able to offer mentorship programs for women in career opportunities or in other areas in society.
SOME RELATED NETWORKS