URBACT is recruiting a Senior Finance and Programming Officer
Edited on17 August 2020
A key role within the URBACT Secretariat project and programming unit!
The appointed person will be responsible for audit and finance tasks as well as tasks relating to programming and budget, ensuring an efficient and high quality programme management specifically relating to finance and audit matters. In addition the Senior Officer will support the Head of Unit in tasks related to coordination, planning and monitoring of workflows relating to programme and project management.
Main tasks include:
- Programme management
- Budget management
- Support to Head of Unit
- General coordination support
Basic requirements for candidates include:
- A degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of EU law, institutions and policies, in particular the general and European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) Regulations, European Territorial Cooperation (ETC) Regulations, State aid Regulations, European Commission’s Delegated Acts and Implementing Acts
- At least 7 years’ experience, either in EU-funded projects or programmes and/or in audit or financial management
- Some management/coordination experience desirable
- Excellent organisation, communication, diplomacy and interpersonal skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills Fluency in English, and proficiency French, other EU languages appreciated
- Capacity to work in an international environment
- Knowledge of European Affairs and the Structural Funds preferably through practical experience
- Willing to travel in Europe (infrequently)
More information about this position can be found here.
Interested candidates should send their application to Adele Bucella, Head of Unit Projects and Programming and Thierry PICQUART, Head of Unit Administration and Coordination no later then 14 August 2020 midnight (CET).
Depending on the number and quality of applications, online or face to face interviews will be organised with short-listed candidates week commencing 31 August 2020.
Submitted by URBACT on