Webinar and final conference - How to Reactivate vacant residential Buildings in need of Refurbishment
TIME TO SHARE - Numerous cities in Europa have vacant historical buildings in their city centre and surrounding urban quarters in need of refurbishment. The buildings are very often significant for the identity and history of the city, they are worth preserving and bringing back into use. After 2 years of intensive exchange in the ALT/BAU network, we will report on 19.04. about basics, methods and achievements in the reactivation of vacant old buildings.
How to Reactivate vacant residential Buildings in need of Refurbishment - Capacity Building Webinar
Cities struggling with vacancy issues can learn how to tackle the problem in the webinar. How to change those complicated ownership structures? How to find partners? How to connect to the owners? How to find potential buyers and new investors? How to integrate alternative approaches for social housing or temporary use?
The ALT/BAU Transfernetwork has developed field-proven answers to those questions based on an URBACT Good Practice from Chemnitz, Germany. The six European partner cities Seraing (BE), Vilafranca del Penedès (ES), Turin (IT), Riga (LV), Rybnik (PL) and Constanța (RO) want to share their results and approach of launching Building Activation Units in their municipalities with interested cities and urban practitioners.
The webinar will cover the following topics in detail:
• Inventory and monitoring of vacant buildings. Develop an integrated database. The possibilities of GIS, participative online mapping and field visits will be presented.
• Activating and supporting owners. Contact owners - Activate owners - Support owners
• Activating and supporting potential buyers and investors. Define “your” investor type. Contact and support investors.
• Connecting and coordinating public and private stakeholders. Stakeholders to involve. Topics to be coordinated.
• The ALT/BAU approach and its importance with regard to the most urgent tasks in the post-COVID recovery of urban areas.