Located on the north-west end of lake of Zurich, the City of Zurich is the largest city (377’000 inhabitants) of Switzerland, its economic capital and the center of the Zurich Metropolitan Area. Zurich is well known for the best quality of life and as one European “engine”. It is one of 54 so called World Cities and a global player in Finance (head-quarters of UBS, CS, Swiss Re, Zurich Financial Services…). Zurich is also a tourist city and the hub for intercontinental tourists visiting Switzerland. It is also a center for science and research and a most important knot for Swiss transportation systems. Financial services (banks and insurances) offer nearly 25% of all jobs in Zurich and one third of it‘s value added.
Main challenges for the city and its hinterland:
- Creating residential areas and building new apartments.
- Keeping housing prices on a reasonable level.
- Social Cohesion and integration of the foreign migrants.
- Sustainable development (vision of the 2000-watt-society).
- Extension of public transport.
- Staying on the highest level in the core economic branches.
- Reduction of the dependence on financial market and promotion of other branches with high value added.
SOME RELATED NETWORKS