The URBACT Programme provides each approved network with a specific financial envelope for the appointment of URBACT experts. The expert role is to support beneficiaries in designing and implementing transnational learning activities, to foster the local level uptake of the learning developed in transnational activities, and more generally to help deliver expected results.
URBACT experts should be able to provide partners with a package of services including the 3 following types of expertise:
- Expertise for the design and delivery of transnational exchange and learning activities
- Thematic Expertise on content related to the urban policy challenges addressed by URBACT
- Expertise to support city partners and other stakeholders in designing and delivering integrated and participative policies
The expertise provided by the Programme will be available for the approved networks as follows:
- A Lead Expert will be appointed to assist the partnership over the entire duration of the network with both methods and tools for exchange and learning activities and thematic expertise.
- Ad hoc experts may also be recruited to provide support on specific needs identified by the network concerning the methodology for exchange and learning, thematic expertise or local support to partners
Who can be an URBACT II project Expert?
Depending on the profile of URBACT Expert a candidate wishes to apply for (Lead Expert or Ad-Hoc Expert), he/she needs to prove solid knowledge on minimum one or two of the above types.
When should I apply?
At any time until the end of the programme.
How to apply?
Expert candidates have to fill in and submit the online Application Form providing information on their experiences and background. A CV (Europass format) in English has to be attached to the Application Form.
Before filling in the online Application Form, expert candidates are strongly advised to read carefully the Call for Applicants for the constitution of the URBACT III pool of validated experts. The call outlines presents information on the types of expertise to be provided to URBACT networks, on the competences and skills requested as well as on the assessment criteria and process.
Please note that:
- Applicants must provide minimum 3 references to be contacted during the assessment process
- Applicants can include URLs to provide evidence of their experiences (the system does not support hyperlinks)
Other useful documents for expert candidates are:
- URBACT III Operational Programme
- URBACT III Programme Manual - Fact Sheet 1 - The URBACT Programme
- URBACT III Programme Manual - Fact Sheet 2A - Action Planning Network
- URBACT III Programme Manual - Fact Sheet 2B - Implementation Networks (currently being developed - this type of network will be launched in 2016)
- URBACT III Programme Manual - Fact Sheet 2C - Transfer Networks (currently being developed - this type of network will be launched in 2016)
- URBACT III Programme Manual - Fact Sheet 2D - Network creation
- Call for Proposals for Action Planning Networks (currently open)
- Guide to Action Planning Networks
- URBACT LSG Toolkit
- Template application form - WORD version
For questions on the Call for Applicants for URBACT Experts, you can contact Kristijan Radojcic - Networking officer (email@example.com)