- What is your name and what do you do?
Alberto Rodríguez, Director of the Local Housing Office
- What is your role within the project?
As an ULG member, I collaborate with my experience with the energy retrofitting during the Vilawatt UIA project. I contribute with my knowledge and support on how to approach energy refurbishment in buildings and how to reach the necessary agreements among neighbours to make that possible.
- What do you think the Vilawatt-UTM network can contribute to your city?
Any exchange of experiences, or any transfer of knowledge is always interesting. The most important thing is the adaptability of the projects to local realities, and therefore, that they be partially replicable if it is not possible to do it in an integral way.
- What do you think is the city’s main strength to build this project?
The main strengths of the city are the capacity for innovation, adaptation to change, and political leadership to achieve innovative goals. Without any of this, it is possible to address a paradigm shift, not only in energy but also in social and individual habits.
- How do you think a project like Vilawatt-UTM can improve citizens’ lives?
In my opinion, the most interesting thing for citizens is the improvement in comfort, and therefore in their quality of life. Not so much the savings in economic terms. Also noteworthy is the pedagogy towards a new model of behaviour and life habits, much kinder to the planet.