- Estonian, English, Finnish
Validated Expert info
- The design and delivery of (transnational) exchange and learning activities
- Thematic expertise:
> Social innovation
- Methods and tools for integrated and participatory approaches:
> Integrated and participatory design of strategies
> Securing funding and resourcing
Katri-Liis Lepik, Phd is a social innovation and social entrepreneurship expert. Building upon her academic degree in management combined with practical experience in managerial positions, she has a long track record in supporting organisations in strategic planning and leading international research and development projects. She has been an evaluation expert for the European Commission, Horizon 2020, COST, COSME and Erasmus + programs.
I can provide the following support to the URBACT network:
Social innovation and social entrepreneurship
I have worked predominantly in the fields of public sector innovation, social entrepreneurship, social innovation. I have hands-on experience in social entrepreneurship. For the past 8 years I have been a board member of The Skill Mill Limited – an award-winning Social Enterprise dedicated to the employment of young ex-offenders by providing environmental maintenance services in the UK through a Social Impact Bond. I have practical experience in measuring social impact and I am committed to achieving measurable impact.
I have conducted research, published reports and managed large international projects on social innovation and the impact of social enterprises.
- “Social enterprises and their ecosystems in Europe. Country report Estonia”
- „Social Enterprise Monitor“
- „An Ecosystem for Social Innovation in Estonia“
- Book: “Social Innovation in Higher Education. Landscape, Practices, and Opportunities”
- Micro-degree in Social Entrepreneurship
- Social hackathon „Hack Social“ https://www.facebook.com/hacksocialissues
- Social hackathons for community development „Vunki mano“ www.vunkimano.ee
- Project “National Competence Centres for Social Innovation” funded by the EASI program of the European Commission
- I’m chair of the Cost network involving 38 countries „Multi-disciplinary innovation for social change“ funded by COST program
- Kick-starting the nascent social finance market in Estonia funded by EASI program
- Fostering Knowledge Transfer from universities to business – innovation to unicorn funded by European Institute of Innovation and Technology
Collaborative governance and strategic planning
I have been helping national and local authorities, companies and non-profit organisations over the past 20 years to build and develop collaborative governance, international networks, multi-disciplinary projects and development strategies involving public-private-academic- third sector representatives and citizens.
- A Study of the Business Environment of the Tallinn City Centre
- Improvement of Innovation Adoption in the Public Sector
- Development Strategy Tartu 2030 Impact Analysis
- Analysis of Estonian Regional Governance and Development
- Study of the current situation, future potential and necessary measures of the Estonian circular economy and waste sector
- Helsinki-Tallinn Transport and Planning Scenarios
- Strategies for the twin-city region of Helsinki-Tallinn (Helsinki-Tallinn Euregio)
- Development of Living Labs in the Baltic Sea Region - Product validation in health
Knowledge managment and training programs
I have gained communication skills through managerial roles, lecturing, and delivering training programmes, which effectively share knowledge and engage with a diverse spectrum of stakeholders.
- Service Design Program for Executives SD4X
- Micro-degree program for companies on Management of Green Transition
- Micro-degree programm for local governments
- Incubation programs for start-ups for development of entrepreneurial ideas – Social entrepreneurship incubator, global incubator SEIP
- Summer school on Social Enterprises: Using your creativity and sensitivity
As a frequent speaker at international events, organiser of seminars and workshops, I am able to cater to both academic and non-academic audiences. My expertise includes delivering concise outputs, capturing lessons learned, promoting good practices, and providing policy recommendations for various stakeholders.
- SAPIE forum on innovation in CEE
- Euro-Asian Forum for Social Entrepreneurship
- SGroup Think Tank Academy Conference h
- Hokkaido University's incubation event "How to build a social business?"
- Social entrepreneurship festival Impact Day
- International Social Innovation Research Conference
- International Forum on Knowledge Asset Dynamics
- Social Enterprise World Forum
My work in detail can be viewed here: https://www.etis.ee/CV/Katri-Liis Lepik/eng