- Institution : City of Mechelen
- City : Mechelen
- Country : Belgium
- Type of region : More developed
I am looking for
- Lead Partner
- Project Partners
- Yearly over 1000 abandoned bicycles are found in Mechelen.
- There is no sufficient policy nor process for collaboration with police and internal departments.
- There is no sufficient legal framework to have those bikes reintegrated in circular economy.
- In Mechelen, on certain locations you’re not allowed to leave your bike behind.
- The city is allowed to remove and store such bikes. The owner can pickup the bike after paying a small fee. Only 50% of the bikes are recovered by the owner. We’re looking for a green solution and a smooth process for collaboration to reintegrate them within social circular economy.
- Legal framework on handling abandoned bikes
- Streamlined proces between all involved city departments and external collaboraters
- Nudging people towards correct bicycle parking