Welcome to URBACT Online Course on Strategic Procurement
Let’s learn about this first step of the procurement cycle!
How much do you spend on procurement? Where does your procurement spend go? These are questions you need to answer before you decide which wider economic, social and environmental challenges procurement can address in your city.
In this video, Matthew presents you with a tested methodology for building this evidence base: the spend analysis. He does this by walking you through all the decisions cities need to make when creating a spend analysis and what tools to use in different contexts.
Curious to know how spend analysis is tackled by different European cities? What are the opportunities and challenges in different contexts?
The case study video below explores the key elements of the spend analysis and the key findings of the Making Spend Matter's Transfer Network's cities of Preston (UK), Schaerbeek (BE), and Koszalin (PL).
Download the essentials:
- The Spend Analysis Tool is the first step towards more strategic procurement
- Making Spend Matter's Spend Analysis Guide is a step by step methodology to accompany the tool
- Advanced Spend Analysis FAQ
- Spend Analysis and Procurement Behaviours
- Spend Analysis as a tool for better use of resources in times of crisis
- What Happens Next after Spend Analysis?
- 10 Reasons Why…. Cities Should Interpret Their Spend Analysis
Get engaged, dip into this URBACT blog post and find out how cities and anchor institutions can buy themselves a better future!