PMP Certified | Past President (2020) AIACE | Board member and Rep. to the AIA International (2021) | Former UN IPCC WGII TSU Director of Operations | European Climate Pact Ambassador (2021-2022)
Over 22 years of work experience at different international organisations. PMP Certified. Membership of a numerous professional organisations, including PMI (Project Management Institute). Held executive and board positions for a number of years (AIACE President of the Board). Participated in many international conferences, as speaker, organising committee member and peer reviewer. Pursuing WELL AP certification.
Sustainability Senior Consultant | Project Manager | Expert
Independent Consultant - Sep 2022 - Present
Director of Operations, Technical Support Unit, IPCC Working Group II
IPCC · Full-time Sep 2016 - Sep 2022 · 6 yrs Bremen, Germany
Project Lead | Project Manager | Consultant ( World Bank Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Project)
WB Part-time Jun 2014 - Sep 2016 · 2 yrs 4 mos On-site
Project Manager | Operations Supervisor | Acting Deputy Director (under NATO - KFOR & USAREUR)
Full-time Nov 2010 - Mar 2016 · 5 yrs 5 mos On-site
Project Manager | Operations & Plans Officer | Master Planner (under the USACE and NATO-KFOR)
US Army Corps of Engineers · Full-time Feb 2003 - Sep 2010 · 7 yrs 8 mos. · On-site.
Field Officer (International Rescue Committee IRC – Civic Participation Initiative CPI Program) Apr 2001 - Nov 2001 · 8 mos
Project Manager | Shelter Engineer (International Rescue Committee IRC - European Agency for Reconstruction Program) Full-time Sep 2000 - Mar 2001 · 7 mos
Field Officer (International Rescue Committee IRC – European Agency for Reconstruction Program) Full-time Jun 2000 - Aug 2000 · 3 mos
Publication and Contributions Summary
1. RAMA, B. Sustainable residential complexes/ECO - VILLAGES [research poster, 1st PhD Students’ Workshop, FA CTU, Prague, 2017] (100%)
2. RAMA, B., Andoni, D., Affordable housing and housing affordability in Europe. YAF Connection. 2017, (Q1-2017), (50%) YAF Connection.
3. RAMA, B. Housing and urban planning in early modernism – an essay on green and sustainable approaches. 2017 [Unpublished paper] (100%)
4. RAMA, B. The life of a city: A short essay on the role of seasonal structures as temporary Urban Design elements and the city soundscape in the pedestrian personal experience. [Unpublished paper] (100%)
5. RAMA, B. Sustainable approaches in Contemporary Architecture. [Unpublished paper], 2017, (100%) 6. RAMA, B. (2022); Ecodistricts: A proposed list of categories and indicators for principles of planning and designing. (unpublished, in prep) (100%)
Contribution to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Sixth Assessment Report (IPCC AR6):
1. IPCC, 2019: IPCC Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2019. ISBN 9781009157964. [contribution only]
2. IPCC, 2022: Climate Change 2022: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability. Contribution of Working Group II to the Sixth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press, 2022. [contribution only]
3. Contributors to the IPCC Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate. In: IPCC Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate, Cambridge University Press, 2019. [contribution only]
4. Contributors to the Climate Change 2022: Impacts, Adaptation, and Vulnerability. Contribution of Working Group II to the Sixth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Cambridge University Press, 2022. [contribution only]
International Conference (Organising Committee Member, Session Moderator, Speaker):
1. Cities and Climate Change Science Conference - (IPCC, C40, ICLEI, SDSN, UCLG, UN-Habitat, UN Environment, WCRP), [Conference program preparation, Organizing Committee Member), 2018. [contributor]
2. International Virtual Conference Catalyzing Change - Honorary Fellows Keynote Lecture - Jan Gehl - Cities For People. [Conference Hosting - Session Moderation] 2020. (33%)
3. International Virtual Conference Catalyzing Change - Impact of Climate Change in Cities and Urban Areas. [Conference Hosting - Session Moderation] 2020. (25%)
4. International Virtual Conference Catalyzing Change - How will future change affect the architect's profession - experience from Europe. [Conference Hosting- Session Moderation] 2020. (15%)
5. Youth Space and Urban Transformation. AIA Continental Europe - International Conference and Chapter Meetings. 2018, [Conference program preparation and moderation, Student Charrette and Conference Hosting]. (70%)
6. World Architecture Festival 2017: AIA, AIA Int and AIA Europe at World Architecture Festival #WAF2016, Panel on: Temporary housing – refugee response. [Conference Presentation], (33%)
7. Grassroots 2020 - American Institute of Architects Leadership Conference, Representing AIA CE as 2020 President. [Conference participation] 2020.
8. AIA Europe Eastern Section participation at Austrian Kosovo Architecture Day, 2015, [Conference Presentation], (100%)
9. Presentation at PAW - on AIA, 2015, [Conference Presentation], (100%)
10. ECO-SEE Indoor Environmental Quality Workshop. [Workshop participation] 2016.
11. Direction Final Event - Achieving high performance based on real buildings and results. [Workshop participation] 2016.
12. European Habitat Conference in Prague, Active participation in Workshops and activities. [Conference] 2016.
Peer Reviewer Contributions:
1. GSR2022, Renewables 2022 Global Status Report, REN21 [Peer Reviewer]
2. 2021 ACSA/EAAE Teachers Conference, [Conference - Session Peer Reviewer] 2021.
3. 2021 Building Technology Educators’ Society Conference - BTES, Out of Bounds: Crossing Disciplines in Teaching Technology, Session Peer Reviewer. [Conference] 2021
4. Journal of Transportation and Land Use - JTLU. World Society for Transport & Land Use Research,[Reviewer], 2019
5. PLEA2018 - Smart and Healthy within the 2-degree Limit. [Conference- Session Peer Reviewer] 2018. 6. AIA Conference on Architecture. [Conference - Session Peer Reviewer] 2017
7. AIA Convention 2016. [Conference - Session Peer Reviewer] 2016.
Board of Directors Member and 2020 AIACE Chapter President AIA Continental Europe
Chapter - Board of Directors for six years. Served as Section Director, Vice President and 2020 President.
link to message to the AIACE membership (as Chapter President): https://www.aiaeurope.org/news/2020/1/1/2020-president-message
AIA CE - Conference Chair: https://www.aiaeurope.org/past-events/2018/4/5/aia-europe-conference-pristina-youth-space-amp-urban- transformation
01/01/2021 – 31/12/2021 AIA International
Board of Directors Member and Chapter Representative - AIA International Board of Directors Member and Chapter Representative - AIA International
Available for Ad-hoc expertise missions
Expert can perform the Lead expert role and Ad hoc expertise missions at network and programme level in relation to:
- The design and delivery of (transnational) exchange and learning activities
- Thematic expertise:
> Climate adaptation
> Urban design